Friday, April 9, 2021

The more serious post

This is a drawing I made of a character 
from League of Legends back in 2010
when the game first was release.
At the time I thought this drawing was
one of my best work being that I was
only 14 at the time.
So.. I don't normally like to post serious stuff on here, but I just needed to get some clarity. Some of you may already know that I'm pursuing a career in cyber security - networking security. The job itself looks very promising and seem to have very little risk. I feel like lately I don't enjoy coding and studying new trends. Originally I thought that maybe I might like it cause my parents were very supportive of this career path and they were the one who heavily pushes me to get my degree. Thinking back on it now and with all the mid terms and exam I have to take lately it made me realize that I don't want to sit in front of a computer all day. 

When I graduated high school I didn't really want to go to college. I wanted to go to beauty school instead and become a makeup artist. Art is one of those things that you could say I was "gifted" at. It was something that I was passionate about and didn't mind spending days to finish one drawing. In middle school and high school I would practice makeup everyday, but I never wore them out cause I was insecure at the time. 

I recently brought this topic up to my parents and they were super upset and they told me that they weren't going to help me in anyway. Beauty school cost 20k here and I only have like 2k in my checking account LMAO. Anyway, I'm currently not on speaking terms with my parents. This upcoming Monday is the date that I can sign up for summer class. I'm still debating if I want to continue being miserable just to please my parent or just give them the middle finger and take a riskier path. Also I rather open up my own beauty business than work in an IT field under someone else. 

5 comments:

  1. Hmm... this is a binary decision with significant consequences! It is your life/career so the decision must be made by you and for you, not anyone else.

    You can't go wrong with cyber security or information technology in general but if you don't enjoy it, then that's a different story.

    I will say this: you are artistic and talented :-)

    In time, I hope your parents will support your riskier decision ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really love for you to think about yourself. Our parents have us (out of selfishness) and then get upset when we do not do something they THINK they would or something they deem better. You are an adult and are responsible for yourself. Sure, we want their support, but after a certain extent, we need to support ourselves and tune out noise/people that do not believe in us. Please think about it. Trade school is just as awesome and ever-changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My opinion from my experience in life would be do what you love to do not what you have to do.What I mean is if you just get a job to make money and not be happy with it, you will be miserable. On the other hand if you love your job it won't feel like a job and you will love to go to work.I found this out later in life when I did bail enforcement and I loved every moment of it. Unfortunately now I had to change careers do to my circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do what you want to do. I don't think there would be a point in doing something if you are miserable doing it. Hopefully your parents will be more considerate and eventually support your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why it would be a really tough decision to go to beauty school. Your sketches look amazing though, I have never been able to sketch as good as you are able to.

    ReplyDelete