Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Job Interview

Got a call back last week cause one of the girl decided to turn down the job, so they called me for a second interview. It was a very weird interview. When I first got on site they explain to me the situation and that they wanted to see how I'd do in front of the camera. I went on the table and we did a mock session. I thought maybe it would be like 2 hours at most, but no. Right after the mock session they decided to do an assessment to see how much training I would need. Ended up being there for about 5 hours. 

I'm glad I got the job, but I feel like there's a big lack of management at this work place. Like let me know ahead of time if I'm going to be there for more than 2 hours. I was under the impression that it would be a lot shorter. I guess only time will tell. 

Also my first day was last weekends, and then I have orientation/training on Monday and Tuesday. Hope this workplace will pay well and not shady like my last job. 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the job :-) I hope your orientation went well today. Starting a new obligation such as a job (even if part-time) can wreak havoc on schooling. Be sure to manage your time and energy well so you can meet all the obligations in your life ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congratulations on the job! Employment is a great thing especially during this time. However, I've been around the block a couple times and I can say that if you do not feel good about the management right off the bat and if they don't apologize about the untimeliness and disorder, they never will and it's best you keep your distance until you could find a better job. You are too young to be anywhere you do not want to be. As a minority, my people were taught to obey and that longevity is equal to loyalty. Staying somewhere you are not happy has its consequences no matter what money you're making. Stay safe and stay open-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new job! As long as you are getting paid I say work as much as you can, there are a lot of people right now that don't have a job. You are blessed to have a job good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being employed! Hope your job doesn't cause you any troubles. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents always tell me sometimes jobs aren't what you do, it's who you work for and who you work with that make or break a job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, its kinda hard to trust people or companies who neglect to inform you on simple things like that. I personally wouldn't care about something like that, unless I have something important going on afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very belated congratulations but the fact that lack of management is something you readily recognized with the job is very concerning. I'm still trying to bypass application processors and finally move on to interviews. Glad you were able to get the job and start earning some money!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am working on getting a job right now at TSA, pays good and its only part time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the job! It's kind of messed up they maid the interview process 5 hours long. Hopefully they are a good company.

    ReplyDelete