Wednesday, January 20, 2021

IS101-2003 Spring 2021 First Impression

Honestly I gradated from high school in 2015 and should have graduated like ages ago. Like some of you, I had to work full time jobs in order to financially support myself through college. It's been an on and off journey for me, so I took many breaks from college. I still have my Millennium scholarship, but I need to get at least a 3.8 GPA this semester in order to reactivate it. My scholarship was put on hold due to the fact that I didn't take enough classes, but I was advised to only take 2 classes a semester if I'm working full time. I finally got a lucky break and cut a deal with my parents this semester, so I'll be fully invested on my education. 

My first impression of IS101-2003 with Professor Wu is that he seem pretty chill and easy to talk to. I don't feel like he's judging me, and we had a 1 on 1 meeting earlier this week. I already told him that I despise doing group project, due to the fact that it's hard to organize people to cooperate. Maybe the problem is just me having terrible people skills, who know. By the way, English is my weakest subject, so please excuse me if my blog looks like it was written by a 5th grader. After all English is my 3rd langua
ge. 

12 comments:

  1. Third language, excellent!

    From our introduction 1-on-1 virtual meeting, I say you are definitely smarter than a fifth grader :-)

    Managing things is easy, people have minds and quirks of their own. You will develop more patience and stronger people skills ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the time gape of schooling, I also graduated in 2015 as well and spent quite some time away from school. It's tough at first but perseverance and dedication can help you and I succeed. No worries about English from me! That's awesome that you are trilingual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you're continuing your higher education despite having to work many hours in between the hard work. You an I both share the fear of group work, but if it's for the greater good, I know we can get past it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commend you for not only supporting yourself in order to go to college, and for continuing to embark on that journey! I can only imagine some of the challenges. I 100% relate to lacking people skills -_- At this point I'm trying to consider it a rare gift, hahaha! I do pretty well with people after I get to know them though. And thanks for creating the discord server!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly respect what you are doing, it isn't easy working full time and trying to go to school. The important part is that you are still trying to accomplish your goals. Many just quit trying because of the heavy load.I wish you the best of luck with your future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand where you're coming from. I myself tried to stop comparing my timeline to others. I've found a lot of peace in knowing that I plan to finish college at my own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you are able to fully invest your time for your education. It's difficult to manage time between work and school while trying to spare enough hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you sound like a hardworking person with a lot of dedication to forwarding your future. Your English is very distinguishable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great decision on focusing 100% on your school as it will open better opportunity on the job hunting later. You are lucky to get the support of your family on this. I am also trying to find scholarship but I don't know much about the millennium scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too had to take some breaks from college due to work and other things but I am glad to see that you are able to give school your 100 percent focus again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My people skills are a little sub-par as well. I'm a self described people-hating-people-person so I completely understand. Though as part of my new journey as a college student I plan to address this within myself as networking is of the utmost importance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! English is my only language and yet English is my worst subject too.

    ReplyDelete